Friday, July 2, 2010

Moving Collages

These are two stop animations I made 3 years ago when I was in college. I describe them as "moving collages'' because I drew and painted and collaged the scene and the the characters and then made them move.

This one is called Cat Fight and in it the characters tear apart each other as well as their surroundings (the room) The audio is also a "collage" of three different songs. It's hard to read the speech bubbles so I've included the script below the video.

Script:
Phone: Ba-rrrrnnnnngggg!
Girl 1: I'll get it!
Girl 2: No I'LL get it. It's not for you anyway!
Girl 1: Excuse---
Girl 3: It's not for you either, nobody'd want to talk to your fat ass!
Phone: Ba-rrrrnnnngggg!
Girl 1: Excuse me! Who the hell do you sluts think you are?! I'm the prettist one anyway!
Girl 2 and 3: SLUTS!?!

This one is called The Lucky Bachelor, The Dandies and The Virgin Queen. It is a procession of characters starting off with a Roman Lady who is beckoning to a group of flying angel cats who come fluttering and playing their musical instruments behind her. Some of the other characters are Queen Elizabeth, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Hugh Hefner and his playmates, victorian ladies riding a moose and a cow. a zebra pulling a Tudor style house, a chain gang, and others. There are a couple of famous paintings, drawings by myself, magazine cutouts and more collaged into this magical procession.
Like Cat Fight the audio is also a mix of a couple of different songs.


To see more of my art videos go to http://www.youtube.com/user/ilgattoselvatico (There are some video montages and a funny 'ode to Dolly Parton'

To see more of my art go to http://penelopereichley.wordpress.com/

The "stage" of The Lucky Bachelor, The Dandies and The Virgin Queen was inspired by this mixed media diorama by Joseph Cornell (The mountains). However I'm inspired by all of his work!


















Joseph Cornell (American, 1903-1972). Untitled (Tilly Losch), ca. 1935–38. Box construction. 10 x 9 1/4 x 2 1/8 in. (25.4 x 23.5 x 5.4 cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment