Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recent Favorites

Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi Lower Dens Twin Hand Movement Raymond Carver Short Cuts








Twin Hand Movement by Lower Dens was the last really good album I listened to. It's Jana Hunters new project and it is really good, just like her other stuff! Here is one of the songs from the album, Rosie, preformed live.



Short Cuts by Raymond Carver was the last really good book I read. Robert Altman also made it into a film in 1993, also called Short Cuts, I can't wait to see it (it's in my Netflix Queue). There's an amazing cast including Tom Waits, Julianne Moore, Robert Downey Jr. and more.

Bonjour Monsieur Shlomi was the last really good film I saw. It's like a happy Isreali vision of Good Will Hunting, it's about a math wiz Isreali high school kid (Shlomi) who everyone (including his family) thinks is dumb until his teacher and principal discover him. Watch the trailer



Tell me what your recent favorites are, this way we can share suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment